Girls Who Travel is a travel empowerment community. That means we are looking for articles that will help women travel safer, smarter, and happier. We believe that it is through the power of our voices that we can support each other, so if you have something to share with your international sisterhood that will make them stronger, this is the place!
Top Ten Reasons To Write For GWT
- As a GWT Author, you receive your own author page completely customizable by you! Readers will see your profile at the bottom of your articles with your bio and links and can click to read more and see all the articles you’ve written for GWT.
- Your Author Page gives you extra perks. From your Author dashboard you can view, edit and even remove articles you’ve written.
- You can write anonymously too! You have the power to share whatever you want, however you want.
- Your article gets front page treatment. Once it’s published, your article will be featured on the GWT homepage!
- Your article will be shared on GWT social media. We love our GWT authors and we love what you have to say. So we shout it from the rooftops on our socials. If you’ve included your socials in your Author Page, we’ll try to link to back to you whenever possible.
- Your article gets an editor. If only you could have an editor for everything, right? Well at least here in GWT you’ll get an editor to look over your article and help make it just right for publication.
- YOU can empower others. Your knowledge gives other people knowledge. When you share what you know, you share your strength!
- YOU can inspire others. Your experiences show us what’s possible! Not a day goes by that we don’t hear from women in the community that members like you helped them do something they never thought they would do.
- YOU can teach others. We exist to help women become better global citizens. We do that by sharing and learning together. From solo travel tips to heartbreak abroad, what you learned will help teach others along the way.
- Writing makes you happier. It’s just science.
HERE’S THE WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Fun Stuff:
- There is no limit to the number of stories you can submit!
- Keep your article between 1,000 – 1,700 words
- Questions? E-mail us
The Legal Stuff:
- The content should be relevant to the Girls Who Travel community such as travel articles, experiences, photos, or advice.
- We are not required to post any submitted content on our Website but if we do decide to post your content, we have the right to modify it prior to posting.
- Writing for Girls Who travel is purely voluntary, we do not pay for content and your submission does not make you an employee or contractor of Girls Who Travel. Don’t hold yourself out as such.
- We do not publish sponsored content or brand reviews. If you are interested in having sponsored or branded content published on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your content does not need to be original but it does need to be yours.
The Extra Stuff:
- Ask yourself – does your article further the Girls Who Travel mission statement? Girls Who Travel is a support network for female/feminine travelers who identify as non-masculine/non-male. Our mission is to empower women travelers to explore beyond their boundaries and to create a more connected and inclusive world.
- We are especially looking for articles about diversity, inclusion, intercultural communication and being a responsible traveler.
- We believe travel is so much more than needing to pull out your passport. Think about all the ways women can explore beyond their boundaries.
- Please be yourself and not an advertisement. We will not post stories that are clearly just promotional for you or a product.
- Girls Who Travel is a judgement free zone – Absolutely NO derogatory terms may be used.
- GWT is an international organization and does not affiliate with any party/organization/faith. Please keep all posts related to travel and neutral in nature.
Let’s Get Started!
NOTE: If you have had an article published on the site, you may already have an account set up for you. Follow this link, and use your email to reset your password and access your account.