Girls Who Travel is a travel empowerment community. That means we are looking for articles that will help women travel safer, smarter and happier. We believe that it is through the power of our voices that we can support each other, so if you have something to share with your international sisterhood that will make them stronger, this is the place!
Here's the fun stuff:
- There is no limit to the number of stories you can submit!
- Keep your article to around 800 words.
- We would LOVE to include a bio, photo and link to your website/Instagram/Facebook page, but you must include that in your post. We won't go chasing you down.
- Your post may be featured on Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and the Girls Who Travel page.
- Questions? E-mail email@example.com
Here's the legal stuff:
- The content should be relevant to the Girls Who Travel community such as travel articles, experiences, photos, or advice.
- We are not required to post any submitted content on our Website but if we do decide to post your content, we have the right to modify it prior to posting.
- Writing for Girls Who travel is purely voluntary, we do not pay for content and your submission does not make you an employee or contractor of Girls Who Travel. Don’t hold yourself out as such.
- Your content ownership rights, subject to our license, remain and you can display the content at your discretion. We agree to list you as the author of your contributions.
- We do not publish sponsored content or brand review. If you are interested in having sponsored or branded content published on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your content does not need to be original but it does need to be yours.
Here are some tips for getting an article published:
- Ask yourself - does your article further the Girls Who Travel mission statement?
Girls Who Travel is a support network for travelers who identify as women, trans, and/or genderqueer. Our mission is to empower women travelers to explore beyond their boundaries and to create a more connected and inclusive world.
- We are especially looking for articles about diversity, inclusion, intercultural communication and being a responsible traveler.
- We believe travel is so much more than needing to pull out your passport. Think about all the ways women can explore beyond their boundaries.
- Please be yourself and not an advertisement. We will not post stories that are clearly just promotional for you or a product.
- Girls Who Travel is a judgement free zone - Absolutely NO derogatory terms may be used.
- GWT is an international organization and does not affiliate with any party/organization/faith. Please keep all posts related to travel and neutral in nature.
Let's Get Started!