Date Posted: 5/19/2019
Information Collection and Use
Information You Give Us
We collect non-personal statistical information that does not individually identify you. This includes non-personal statistical information about your Internet connection, the equipment that you use to access our Services, and how you use our Services (including how you conduct any searches for products and a history of those searches). We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Services to the Internet connections and equipment that are used to visit the Website. For instance, in order to make the Services better, we may collect information on: how long you use the Services; whether you have used the Services before and on how many occasions; how frequently you use the Services; and at which point you exit the Services. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Services. Information collected this way includes: (i) details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
Third-party Service Providers
We may use third-party Service Providers in order to efficiently provide our Services to you. Service Providers perform tasks including, but not limited to, providing notification and newsletter services, fulfillment of orders and credit card payment processing. Some Service Providers, such as credit card processing companies, will collect information directly from you and provide us with relevant data. We may use this information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into (for instance, to collect any authorized fees). Information collected from these Service Providers is governed by their privacy policies. If you choose to use these features or if you interact with any other third party on the Services, the third party may have access to your Personal Information, even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent. You should view the privacy policies of Service Providers before providing information to them.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
How to disable cookies
When you visit our Website, cookies are either served directly by us, or by our Third Party Providers. Here is a description of the different kind of cookies we use.
- Types of Cookies:
- Session & Authentication Cookies. These allow us to authenticate your log-in information, permit access to secured areas of the Website and remember your preferences.
- Performance cookies. These allow us to get to know how you use our Website and the Services. They are used to analyze visitor information such as usage and help us see how effective our Services are and to understand what you like about the Services. We also use this information to help improve our Website and Services and improve the user experience.
- Functionality cookies. These allow us to provide additional functionalities to the Website, and will retain some settings information. Whilst not essential for the functionality of our Website, they do enable extra features that should improve your use of the Website and the Services. These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
- Analytics Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Website, the websites that referred them to our Website and the pages that they visited on our Website. We use this information to help operate our Website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Website.
- Targeted and advertising cookies. These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
- Social Media Cookies These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking site such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/ advertising activities.
LIST OF THIRD PARTY COOKIES
|Analytics||We collect cookies through Google Analytics to provide you with better service, measure web performance, and improve our website. The data collected is aggregated and anonymous. The information we collect includes website hits, what internal links were clicked, browser information, geographic location of visitor, and referring site. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies|
We may disclose Usage Information and aggregated information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your Personal Information, at your direction, in connection with your use of the Services.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with or disclose it to contractors, Service Providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, all of whom are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Girls Who Travel is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
- Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Disclosed when Collected: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Communications: If you do not wish to have your email address used by Girls Who Travel
to promote our own Services, products, or third parties’ services, you may select the kinds of promotional and reminder messages you will receive by modifying your account settings. You may also opt out of receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” link contained within the promotional messages.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under Age 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Website or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.