Girls Who Travel is a travel empowerment community. That means we are looking for articles that will help women travel safer, smarter and happier. We believe that it is through the power of our voices that we can support each other, so if you have something to share with your international sisterhood that will make them stronger, this is the place!
Here’s the breakdown:
- There is no limit to the number of stories you can submit!
- No more than 800 words
- We would LOVE to include a bio, photo and link to your website/Instagram/Facebook page, but you must include that in your post. We won’t go chasing you down.
- Your content does not need to be original but it does need to be yours.
- Your post will be featured on Pinterest, Twitter and the Girls Who Travel page.
- Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t guarantee that all posts submitted will be approved, but here are some tips to help make it a lot more likely:
- Ask yourself – does your article further the Girls Who Travel mission statement?
Girls Who Travel is a support network for travelers who identify as women, trans, and/or genderqueer. Our mission is to empower women travelers to explore beyond their boundaries and to create a more connected and inclusive world.
- We are especially looking for articles about diversity, inclusion, intercultural communication and being a responsible traveler.
- We believe travel is so much more than needing to pull out your passport. Think about all the ways women can explore beyond their boundaries.
- Please be yourself and not an advertisement. We will not post stories that are clearly just promotional for you or a product.
- Girls Who Travel is a judgement free zone – Absolutely NO derogatory terms may be used.
- GWT is an international organization and does not affiliate with any party/organization/faith. Please keep all posts related to travel and neutral in nature.
If you want to include your bio, here is how:
- At the end of your article embed your photo (no larger than 250 x 250px).
- To the RIGHT of the photo start with “About ___name___”
- Then include a short bio of 50 words or less. This can be whatever you want readers to know about!
Ready? Set? Submit!